Dear Students and Parents:
Our commitment at Magnolia Intermediate School is to provide a safe and knowledge enriched environment that will empower students to become innovative thinkers, creative problem solvers and inspired learners prepared to thrive in the twenty-first century.
High standards and expectations for each student in regard to academic performance and responsible citizenship are the cornerstone of our school. It is with pride that we hold these high standards and ask each of our students and teachers to commit to these standards every moment, each and every day. It is the contribution of our students to our school community that makes will make MIS an exceptional learning community. Full participation in academic learning and a willingness to act responsibly as an individual within our educational environment are the factors that enable all to have a successful and enjoyable year.
We believe that effective teachers:
- Create opportunities for intellectual risk-taking, collaboration, problem-solving, and application of classroom learning beyond the classroom walls;
- Implement strategies that promote ownership of learning to students;
- Design instruction to integrate a variety of innovative learning methods and resources to enhance learning;
- Executing ongoing professional growth in order to increase the quality of instruction;
- Collaborate with colleagues to share and discuss exemplary practices, interpret student performance data, and design instruction that promotes twenty-first century skills.
We believe that successful students:
- Communicate in a meaningful way for a variety of purposes and audiences;
- Employ critical and creative thinking skills to solve problems; and
- Pose questions, examine possibilities, and apply skills to find solutions.
- Make positive choices related to physical and mental wellness; and
- Contribute to the local and global community in a collaborative and respectful manner
In conclusion, I wish you all a wonderful school year. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and know that my door is always open. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am honored to serve as your principal.